If you are searching for a powerful, engaging and thought-provoking motivational keynote speaker who can set the tone for your entire conference and challenge your audience while adding takeaway value with high energy, humor and substance - or a closing speaker who can inspire and move your conference attendees into action - put Scott at the top of your list!
Scott's story is the hero's journey. By the age of 19, he played college football at Florida State University as a walk-on wide receiver for legendary coach Bobby Bowden and was a top-ranked kick-boxing Black Belt champion whose last fight was broadcast by ESPN. During that time, Scott's life changed dramatically on November 3, 1984, he survived a horrendous automobile accident as a passenger in a friend's car and broke cervical 6 and 7 vertebrae in his neck that left him paralyzed from the chest down and diagnosed a quadriplegic. Told he would be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life, Scott realized his split-second decision to not wear a seat belt altered his course forever.
Despite his grim diagnosis, Scott refused to be sidelined. After graduating from college, Scott's first career was as a Financial Advisor in the Insurance and Financial Industry for Northwestern Mutual. He specialized in life and disability insurance planning as well as retirement, estate and wealth planning. In his 5th year, he hit a huge goal and qualified for the prestigious Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), the Premiere Association of Financial Professionals, which is a 100% commission-driven sales production award that fewer than 8% of his peers qualify for annually from more than 500 companies in 70 countries.
At the pinnacle of that career, Scott experienced yet another setback, a second automobile accident. Although he was buckled in this time, new injuries forced him to RE-evaluate, RE-invent and once again RE-ignite his life by practicing and executing what he preaches. During his recovery, Scott reminisced about the overcoming adversity speakers he heard at sales and leadership conferences. Their life-changing stories inspire you to chase your dreams regardless of obstacles or barriers. That's when Scott decided he would make the tough decision to leave an industry he had so much passion for to pursue a speaking career that has taken him around the world. He also took advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help expand his brother's multimillion-dollar golf course fertilizer, chemical and equipment business into Southeast Asia.
Scott is also the author of Vision Mindset Grit! In the Foreword, Scott's father defined those three empowering words: Vision refers to your goals and aspirations, the endpoint you are seeking. Mindset is the continual mental preparation and adjustment needed to meet oncoming challenges. Grit is the day-to-day determination to persevere when you are too tired, too sore or too beleaguered to continue on.
Scott has delivered his story in 45 states and in such countries as Australia, Spain, India, Thailand, Bermuda, Costa Rica, Mexico, the Czech Republic and Canada, as well as to our soldiers at the Minot Air Force Base.
- VISION-MINDSET-GRIT: Success Strategies to Help You Stand Up to Any Challenge - (Signature Keynote)
In today's rapidly evolving marketplace environment, many organizations are trying to maintain a winning culture as they deal with an array of business challenges. Perhaps today your organization is dealing with growing pains and key business issues as you continue to expand both internally and externally while attempting to be number one in your industry in customer service and expectations. Perhaps you're experiencing lots of industry change, limited bench support, operational and support issues and budget cuts as well as increased goals, objectives and responsibilities. Or you're feeling paralyzed by your competition, advancing technologies and market saturation.
Whatever your challenges are, the true measure of success is how well you respond to adversity, change, setbacks and fear. Whatever belief system you employ must be powerful enough to conquer these obstacles and any other impediments to your personal and professional growth, or you-and your organization-will be left behind.
- Learn how to create a clear Vision that entices you to Take Action
- Examine the benefits of Dreaming in Full Color
- Discover the impact of connecting your organization to a Shared Vision
- Find out how adapting your Vision when things don't go as planned can give you that Competitive Advantage
- Learn how to create an unstoppable Mindset that revolves around Poise and Execution
- Examine the Mindset of Letting It Happen, Embracing Change and Breaking the Fall Line
- Discover how to not let your Mindset Become Your Biggest Handicap
- Understand how the Power of Forgiveness, a leadership trait, can restore hope and lead to greater productivity
- Find out how Asking the "What" Questions can help you navigate the chaos of adversity
- Learn what it takes to Stretch Yourself beyond your paralyzed state
- Examine why your Willingness to Fail But Your Unwillingness to Quit is a leadership trait
- Discover Gritty strategies to help you Stand Up to Any Challenge
- Understand what it really means to Go with What Scares You and Never Give Up
- Cultivate ways to Unlock your Grit by finding that Blessman in your life
- Develop an Unstoppable Mindset: Success Strategies for Safety Teams & Supervisors - With the alarming predominance of workplace accidents caused by human error, the importance for engaging teams and individuals with safety procedures in a way that is meaningful to them and can promote significant change is crucial. Most human factors involved in accidents occur in the arena of memory, awareness and attention, judgement and reasoning, attitude, and risk perception - all areas dealing with the cognitive mindset and the need for even the most highly-trained individuals to remain alert and focused during potentially hazardous work situations.
Nothing delivers the importance of safety better than a personal story. Neuroscience studies confirm storytelling illuminates parts of the brain that are only active when a listener actually experiences something - triggering their imagination, engaging them with a deep emotional response and sealing it into memory. With these areas of the brain activated and connected by a physical and emotional response, memory retention has been shown to be up to 7 times more effective than training through facts and figures. Motivational Safety Speaker Scott Burrows details his unforgettable, life-changing story of turning a paralyzing setback caused by a poor split-second decision into a powerful comeback that will inspire your team to develop a true safety MINDSET. Scott details how easy it is to become desensitized to common safety routines, and how 'just this once' can tragically impact the rest of their lives.
Told while using own physical paralysis as a visual metaphor and blending eloquent storytelling with humor and crowd interaction, Scott leaves audiences captivated, inspired and ready to take action. His presentation will impact your team by encouraging better day-to-day safety decisions in the workplace and changing the way your employees view and approach their jobs. Listeners will walk away embracing workplace safety protocols as opposed to resisting or ignoring them.
- VISION MINDSET GRIT: Success Strategies for Insurance & Financial Services Professionals - In today's rapidly evolving Insurance and Financial Industry, many organizations are trying to maintain a winning culture as they deal with an array of business and sales challenges. Perhaps your organization is dealing with new rules, increased regulation or growing pains and key business issues as you continue to expand both internally and externally while attempting to be number one in your industry and customer expectations. Maybe you're experiencing industry changes, such as the new Department of Labor ruling or new products entering the marketplace. Perhaps you're operating with limited bench support, operational and support issues, budget cuts or rising goals, objectives and responsibilities. Or you feel paralyzed by your competition and advancing technologies that are upending workflow and processes.
Whatever your challenges, the true measure of success is how well you respond to adversity, change, setbacks and fear. Whatever belief system you employ must be powerful enough to conquer these obstacles and any other impediments to your personal and professional growth, or you-and your organization-will be left behind.
As an insurance and financial industry speaker, you will find that Insurance and Financial leaders RAVE about Scott's knowledge and understanding of their business, knowing that he, too, was a top sales producer. After his life-changing accident, he graduated from college, then entered the Insurance and Financial Industry as a Financial Advisor and went on to qualify for the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT). Scott knows firsthand what it's like to be in the field-generating activity, making scheduled calls, prospecting, facing rejection, overcoming objection, all while listening to clients' needs to determine recommendations and solutions.
- Rising to the Challenge: Keeping Healthcare Teams Cohesive & Motivated -
In today's rapidly changing Healthcare Market, many organizations are trying to maintain an optimistic culture as they deal with an array of business challenges and those challenges that revolve around patient-centered care. Perhaps today you are trying to improve patient satisfactory scores and engagement as you grapple with a decreasing labor pool, lower reimbursements and everyday stresses. Maybe you are looking for ways to deliver better care and outcomes as you attempt to secure and grow market share. Perhaps you are trying to develop alternate revenue streams, contain core operating costs or change your existing business model to reflect ongoing changes. Or maybe you are feeling paralyzed by new rules, increased regulation and compliance as well as advancing technologies, new reporting requirements and your competition.
Whatever your healthcare challenges are the true measure of success is how well you respond to adversity, change, setbacks and fear. Whatever belief system you employ must be powerful enough to conquer these obstacles and any other impediments to your personal and professional growth, or you-and your organization-will be left behind.
As healthcare audiences have discovered, Scott Burrows' thought-provoking presentation and compelling story is the hero's journey, providing what will be an unforgettable and lasting memory to inspire your attendees to stand up to any challenge. Using his physical paralysis as a visual metaphor, Scott reveals how to drive results using the same mental focus that helped him reinvent his life after a catastrophic accident left him paralyzed from the chest down. He will demonstrate there are no barriers or stop signs in life, or the healthcare marketplace, just detours and workarounds.
Healthcare speakers and leaders RAVE about Scott's knowledge of their industry, knowing he understands patient-centered care and what healthcare professionals do and how they can influence and impact their patients' lives. As a former spinal cord injury patient and advocate for both patient and healthcare providers, he shares his very personal experience as a quadriplegic. Scott will encourage your healthcare professionals to continue to find the passion for what they do for a living while teaching them to encourage their patients to Never Give Up Hope!
- VISION-MINDSET-GRIT: Success Strategies to Help Your Sales Team Stand Up to Any Challenge - In today's competitive sales environment, many sales organizations are trying to maintain a winning and optimistic culture as they deal with an array of business and sales challenges. Perhaps today your sales team is weathering budget cuts or dealing with growing pains as your organization continues to expand both internally and externally while attempting to be number one in your industry and customer expectations. Maybe you are experiencing industry change right now while trying to differentiate yourself, your company and your solutions from your lower-priced competitors. Perhaps you are looking to improve the sales process and how you approach C-level executives and decision makers as you do your best to reach new sales quotas and budgets. Or maybe you are feeling paralyzed by your competition, keeping up with new products coming to market as well as advancing technologies that are upending workflow and processes.
Whatever your challenges are, the true measure of success is how well you respond to adversity, change, setbacks and fear in the marketplace. Whatever belief system you employ must be powerful enough to conquer these obstacles and any other impediments to your personal and professional growth, or you-and your sales organization-will be left behind.
- Diversity Matters: Inclusion Strategies for the Changing Workforce - In today's rapidly changing Corporate Environment, C-level executives are realizing that Disability Matters. Why? Today, the largest and fastest growing minority group around the world are people with disabilities, and studies have shown this workforce is committed, productive, loyal and willing, when given the opportunity, to work hard to help your organization succeed. So, if you are looking to expand your market share, generate new revenue from this untapped market and see things from a different corporate perspective, it will take a clear Vision, the right Mindset and a lot of Grit to make it happen.
The true measure of success is how well you respond to a changing and diverse marketplace, adversity, setbacks and fear. Whatever belief system you employ must be powerful enough to conquer these obstacles and any other impediments to your personal and professional growth, or you-and your organization-will be left behind. In 2016, as a corporate diversity speaker, Scott was invited to speak at Springboard Consulting's Disability Matters North American Annual Conference in front of 250 C-level executives from Fortune 1000 companies. It was there that he learned that these Corporations held their own Annual Diversity Conferences. Since that time, Scott has been invited to speak to many of them, as his story is a great fit to drive home the importance of embracing diversity in the workplace.