David Houle is a futurist, thinker and speaker. Houle spent more than 20 years in media and entertainment. He has worked at NBC, CBS and was part of the senior executive team that created and launched MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1 and CNN Headline News
Houle has won a number of awards. He won two Emmys, the prestigious George Foster Peabody award and the Heartland award for "Hank Aaron: Chasing the Dream". He was also nominated for an Academy Award.
Houle is consistently ranked as one of the top futurists and futurist keynote speakers on the major search engines and in the world today. He was named a Vistage Speaker of the Year for 2008. In the last eight years he has delivered 700+ keynotes and presentations on six continents and fourteen countries. He is often called "the CEOs' Futurist" having spoken to or advised 3,500+ CEOs and business owners in the past eight years.
David writes a highly regarded futurist blog with the tag line "A Future Look At Today." During 2010 Houle was a featured contributor on Oprah.com. His influential first book, The Shift Age, was published in 2007. His second book, Shift Ed: A Call to Action for Transforming K-12 Education, written with Jeff Cobb was published in March 2011. The New Health Age: the Future of Health Care in America, co-authored with Jonathan Fleece, was published by Sourcebooks in January 2012. and became a #1 best seller on Amazon in the categories of Medicine and Future of Health Care. Entering the Shift Age was published by Sourcebooks in January of 2013. It is also a #1 Amazon best seller in the category of Business Planning and Forecasting. Houle published the eBook Is Privacy Dead: The Future of Privacy in the Digital Age in November 2013. Brand Shift: The Future of Brands and Marketing with co-author Owen Shapiro was published in August 2014. It quickly became an Amazon top ten best seller in the category of Media and Communications. In February 2015, it was named one of the top five marketing books published in the world in 2014. His latest book, with co-author Timothy Rumage This Spaceship Earth, was published in December 2015.
Houle is Futurist in Residence and Guest Lecturer at the Ringling College of Art + Design. On a recent trip to China, he guest lectured at Beijing University, China's top University and at SINOPEC, China's largest company and the second largest company in the world. He is Honorary President and Futurist of the Future Business School of China.
- This Spaceship Earth - This presentation is about the need to create "crew consciousness" as soon as possible relative to Climate Change. As Marshall McLuhan said, "There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth, we are all crew." But we don't act that way. This presentation, based upon both the book and global non-profit of the same name brings critical new concepts and ideas to the single largest issue/challenge/opportunity facing humanity in the 21st century.
- Entering the Shift Age - Based on his bestselling book of the same name, Houle identifies and explains the new age we have entered in this presentation. He looks at the three forces of the Shift Age, the Five Contexts of the Shift Age and how they will affect us as individuals, business people and leaders. He takes a look at the future of generations, women, technology, energy, education, IT, big data and other topics and provides the audience with eye-opening transformations dead ahead. The Shift Age is one of the most transformative and exciting times in human history. Houle leaves us with suggestions for how to prepare for and adapt to this new age. A big picture presentation that is pertinent for any group or organization. It can be customized for any industry or business sector.
- The New Health Age: the Future of Health Care in America - Houle's book of the same name has already been called THE book on the future of health care and health care reform. This presentation provides a large, contextual and conceptual understanding of the huge forces and changes that will completely transform the health care and medical landscape in America and around the world in the next ten years. Houle has spoken to, and been booked by, numerous associations and health care companies, providing them with the vision and understanding of the huge changes that are inevitable. A must presentation for any health care or medical meeting.
- Brand Shift: The Future of Brands and Marketing - This new presentation for 2015 takes a high level look at the future of brands and the marketing of brands. After a quick look back on the history of brands, Houle discusses the waves of technology and then the current and future trends that are rapidly reshaping how brands are marketed. Not a "how to" presentation but a visionary look into what brands will have to do to thrive in this time of rapid transformation. This presentation is based upon Houle's latest co-authored book of the same name that is already creating a buzz as a must read for marketing prognosticators.
- Is Privacy Dead? The Future of Privacy in the Digital Age - This presentation, based in part on Houle's eBook of the same name, takes a new look at privacy today and in the future. After a quick look back at the history of privacy, Houle presents why we have lost so much of our privacy in the past decades and years and why those dynamics will continue to eviscerate personal privacy in the future. Incorporating a look at technological innovation, accelerating electronic connectedness, Big Data freedom versus convenience and the loss of the Concept of Place, this is a powerful presentation about one of the most important and topical subjects of our time.
- Shift Ed: A Call to Action for Transforming K-12 Education - This presentation is based upon Houle much acclaimed book of the same name. As a futurist involved in education, Houle calls for nothing less than the transformation of K-12 education for the twenty-first century. He frames this transformation in both the history of education and the future of this new century and the Shift Age. This presentation has already been praised widely by educators as a needed vision of he future of education.