James Mapes is the founder of Quantum Leap Thinking™, creator of The Transformational Coach™, expert on the psychology of "applied imagination," best-selling author, highly acclaimed business speaker, consultant, seminar leader and personal excellence coach. For over 30 years, James has been an ardent student of human behavior and dedicated to helping individuals, teams and organizations identify and break through barriers to reach their goals and achieve success. He encourages people to be open to new ways of thinking, and his goal is to help everyone make the "quantum leap" toward more creative, productive and confident lives. For both businesses and individuals, his message promotes an innovative, powerful way of thinking and provides a new-found mastery over their imagination and perceptions so that, in his words, "the invisible becomes visible and the impossible becomes possible." The results have been nothing short of extraordinary, creating key breakthroughs in both organizational and personal excellence.
James Mapes' success as a speaker and highly regarded authority on the imagination, creative thinking, communication, managing change, organizational problem-solving, successful teamwork, leadership and coaching is due to his early training as an actor and experience as a theatrical producer. In 1969, he graduated from California State University with a Master of Arts degree in theater and speech. He then worked in repertory theater, off-Broadway and directed two of his own theater companies, amassing dozens of television and movie credits. As a performer, he developed a unique stage presence with a special talent for connecting with his audience. Mapes' work has earned him appearances on CNN, The Today Show, Good Morning America and Fox Family Channel among other media outlets.
As a recognized business speaker and performance coach, James has spoken to hundreds of public and private companies in more than 70 countries. His clients include financial institutions, software companies, the military, the healthcare industry, financial institutions, training and development divisions of large corporations and major non-profit organizations. Companies, associations, universities and business schools including IBM Corporate, U.S. Coast Guard, Lockheed Martin and The Princeton Center for Leadership Training have quoted Mapes in training manuals and textbooks. James presented "Harnessing the Imagination" at the TEDx talk in Windham, NH in May 2015.
James Mapes' personal goal of living an exceptional life is reflected in both his business activities as well as his recreational pursuits, which range from scuba-diving, ballooning, racecar driving, Kempo Karate and world travel to an avid interest in reading. His two highly regarded books are Quantum Leap Thinking: An Owner's Guide to the Mind and The Workbook: The Magic of Quantum Leap Thinking. His newest book, Imagine That! Igniting Your Brain for Creativity and Peak Performance, is scheduled for publication in fall of 2016.
James Mapes' presentations are personal, interactive and humorous. Above all, he creates results and makes a lasting difference in the energy level, commitment and productivity of each individual in his audience.
- Mind Over Body: Harness Vision to Create a Wellness Strategy - Become a partner in your own wellness. Studies prove that how we think impacts our health. Not only have mind/body techniques become a vital part of integrative medicine, they have also presented us with limitless possibilities on creativity, innovation, motivation and leadership. In James Mapes' cutting-edge, interactive program, participants gain a clear understanding of how the brain works and the importance of communication to create positive expectations. They learn how to influence the subconscious with optimistic, affirmative suggestions, enabling them to look at their life and work with "new eyes." They leave the program armed with practical strategies and valuable tools to control what can be controlled and let go of the rest.
The attendees will leave this inspiring and captivating program having learned:
- The mechanics of thinking, how the brain works and the importance of focus.
- How vision can sway the subconscious to create positive outcomes.
- How to apply mental imagery to reduce anxiety and spark creativity.
- How to create and communicate a clear, realistic, emotionally-charged vision to inspire wellness.
- How to recognize and break through the fear that impedes creativity, motivation and healing.
- How to "reframe" thinking to instill hope and confidence.
In Mind Over Body, James integrates more than three decades of experience as a speaker on creativity and leadership, performance coach, medical facilitator for pre-surgery patients, and clinical hypnotist. He draws from the latest research in brain science as well as lessons learned from his own open-heart surgery. James projects amazing positive energy and is passionate about educating everyone about the elegance of the imagination and the incredible power of the human mind and spirit.
- Imagine That! Igniting Your Brain for Creativity and Peak Performance - What is the springboard for achievement? How do you manage your thinking? Do you know how to focus your imagination? Do you have a "future vision?" In these challenging times, success literally depends on the importance of knowing the answers to these questions. As Einstein said: "Imagination is more important than knowledge. It is a preview of life's coming attractions." Exceptional individuals in all walks of life are distinguished by their capability to think creatively and perceive new opportunities for innovation. They have understood and mastered the skill of "creative visualization" and communicating a dynamic, clear and emotionally charged future vision with optimism and hope.
James Mapes, the leading authority on the psychology of "applied imagination" and creator of Quantum Leap Thinking™," demonstrates how extreme success can be achieved by understanding and applying these concepts in your life. James skillfully stretches your perceptions to see new possibilities. He guides his audience to clearly recognize that the powerful mental pictures we all carry around definitely impact the opportunities we see and the choices we make. In this cutting-edge, practical, interactive and entertaining program, James captures and holds the audience's attention with dynamic, compelling stories and demonstrations that leave no doubt - "you can achieve what you imagine."
The audience leaves this thought-provoking, fascinating and inspiring journey having learned:
- How to apply their imagination to achieve extreme success.
- How to craft a compelling, emotional, realistic and persuasive future vision.
- How to recognize and break through "illusory" fears.
- How to use core values to unlock motivation and propel action.
- How to manage change for growth through visualization.
- True Leadership: The Neuroscience of Effective Leaders - What is a leader? The business world is awash with leadership philosophies, how-to books and training institutes that can leave even the savvy manager perplexed as exactly how to encourage employees to develop their own leadership style. It is important to push aside the clutter and get back to a fundamental understanding of why "true" leadership traits are essential for success. The adage "leaders are born, not made" is questionable, as it takes hard work to craft a leadership style that works for each individual. Have you assessed your leadership skills lately? In this provocative, challenging, lively and interactive presentation, renowned "evangelist of the imagination," brain researcher, break-through thinking coach and best-selling author, James Mapes, incorporates his legendary humor and an array of audience exercises to reveal:
- The five "culturally and morally neutral" traits of all successful leaders.
- Why morality, a nice disposition and power do not necessarily make a great leader.
- A guide to transform and enhance their personal leadership style.
- How to craft an emotionally charged, clearly compelling and realistic future vision.