Internationally renowned corporate speaker, trainer and consultant Jay Rifenbary educates and motivates conference attendees and organizational teams through his world-class, on-site professional core value leadership development training seminars, workshops and keynote speeches.
A resident of Saratoga Springs, NY, Jay is president of Rifenbary Training & Development, author of the international best-seller, No Excuse! - Incorporating Core Values, Accountability and Balance into Your Life and Career, awarded "Book of the Year" by the North American Book Dealers Exchange; and author of True To Your Core - Common Sense Values for Living Life to Its Fullest, and his new release Return To Your Core - Principles for a Purposeful and Respected Life.
Jay is a professional speaker, trainer and consultant, and for over 20 years has provided his expertise in the areas of personal and professional development, leadership, and communication training to organizations, associations and schools across North America, Europe and Asia.
Jay received his Bachelor of Science degree from the United States Military Academy at West Point, with a concentration in Nuclear Physics.
From being a former qualified Airborne/Ranger, Military Commander, Sales Professional, Corporate Manager and Entrepreneur, Jay brings a unique background of interpersonal skills and business experience to each of his training and speaking engagements.
Within his community, Jay has been a member of the Saratoga Springs City School District Board of Education, Board of Directors for Patriot Hills of New York, a member of the 20th Congressional District Service Academy Selection Committee, and a columnist for the Saratogian newspaper.
- No Excuse! Incorporating Core Values, Accountability and Balance into Your Life and Career - If you want to improve the effectiveness of your leaders, performance of your employees, and overall atmosphere of your organization, "No Excuse! - Incorporating Core Values, Accountability, and Balance into Your Life and Career" is a program you can't afford to miss.
Built on a solid foundation of core values, self-responsibility, organizational accountability, integrity and purpose, this exciting "No Excuse!" program teaches, validates and supports the importance of key principles and skills, such as self-control, personal respect, forgiveness, passion and positive attitude, as they pertain to one's personal and professional success. Gaining a greater understanding of the importance of consistency in behavior, decisiveness and personal honesty, your employee's productivity and efficiency in the work place can soar. Ultimately, this contributes to the morale and productivity of your entire organization.
"No Excuse! - Incorporating Core Values, Accountability, and Balance into Your Life and Career" contributes to your employees' abilities to lead, manage and sell. Most important, the program helps your employees to set a positive and professional example for themselves and others. For each participant, this unique "No Excuse!" program will establish a greater level of personal understanding, leading to a more productive career and a fulfilling life.
- No Excuse! An Action Plan for Productive and Profitable Success - In this proven and powerful corporate motivation and leadership program, participants learn to:
- Value the importance of developing an action plan for personal & professional accountability by incorporating core values as a foundation for performance for the purpose of creating a greater level of efficiency and productivity within the work environment.
- Develop an understanding of the interdependency of integrity, personal honesty and accountability and the impact it has on creating strength of character and commitment to the values an individual aspires to.
- Understand the importance of eliminating excuses and the trend towards an entitlement mind set for the overall benefit of one's personal and professional outlook.
- Define and reflect on characteristics of effective leadership for the purpose of assessing their own leadership performance and potential.
- Reflect on professional questions, such as, "What do you want to be remembered for?", "Why do others respect you?" and "How do you motivate others?" to align respect for themselves with respect for the organization as a whole.
- Enhance their ability to understand and apply elements of forgiveness, professionalism, and attitude to their overall quality of performance.
- Re-align a balance between work and home to ultimately provide a greater sense of personal self-respect and a greater respect towards the organization resulting in an increase in trust, loyalty, communication and performance.
- No Excuse! An Inspirational Approach to Enhancing Educational Accountability - Dedicated to the distinct goals and needs of teachers, administrators, school district personnel and staff who serve and support within the academic community, this one-of-a-kind program motivates participants to:
- Re-invigorate the educational passion by establishing an attitude of personal and professional accountability and eliminating the necessity to generate excuses that detract from the educational success of our students.
- Establish a collective set of core values that reflect the administration, teachers, support staff and school district as a whole to enhance staff unity and a positive educational atmosphere.
- Reflect on the personal and professional qualities of successful educators through an understanding of the interdependency of pertinent principles such as personal honesty, integrity, character, professionalism, and self-respect.
- Develop an understanding of the benefit of a unified team of difference in the work place by incorporating enhanced mutual respect, tolerance and greater appreciation for one another.
- Reinforce the importance of what it means to set that example every day for ourselves and the students impact on a daily basis.
- Re-align a balance between work and home and apply the principles within No Excuse! to bring about a greater sense of personal self-respect and focus on the educational mission at hand.
- No Excuse! An Accountable Approach to Unified Care and Patient Satisfaction - Tailored to the unique goals and needs of doctors, nurses, administrators and support staff who serve within a medical industry, this unique program motivates participants to:
- Develop an understanding of the benefit of a unified team of difference in the work place by incorporating mutual respect, tolerance and appreciation for the purpose of greater efficiency in working together and optimizing professional and compassionate care for the patient.
- Incorporate a collective set of core values that reflect the team as a whole, which provide the parameters of behavior to hold the team and individuals accountable, and pursue a path of performance directed toward the successful accomplishment of the health care mission at hand.
- Demonstrate the interdependency of the core values shared within the "Unified Care" presentation including personal honesty, integrity, self-respect, accountability, forgiveness, attitude and other essential elements of a unified performance set of skills.
- Reflect on pertinent personal and professional questions, such as "What do you want to be remembered for?", "Why do others follow you?" and "How do you motivate others?" Aligning their love of profession with their personal satisfaction translates into a greater quality of care for the patient and a more positive outlook on the entire atmosphere of your specific medical community.
- Re-align a balance between work and home and apply the principles with the "Unified Care" presentation to bring about a greater sense of personal self-respect and recognition that we are one team within our medical community and within the community at large.
- An ultimate enhancement in the quality of care provided and the quality of respect and teamwork demonstrated, with the ultimate goal of greater care, patient satisfaction scores and fiscal competency.
- No Excuse! Building Industry Esprit and Team Unity - Within this powerful motivation and leadership program, dedicated to the distinct needs of associations, participants learn to:
- Develop a unifying association and industry-wide positive atmosphere by collectively building a representational structure of core values that reflect the goals and mission of the association.
- Learn the benefits of a team approach in overcoming the challenges of economic uncertainty and social change.
- Reflect on personal and professional questions to align the passion for the industry and profession with personal satisfaction with the example each individual sets for others on a daily basis.
- Enhance the camaraderie and collective unity of the participants through an inspirational and motivational message which focuses on the goals and objectives of the industry and association as a whole.
- Understand the interdependency of the core values shared in the No Excuse! message including personal honesty, integrity, self-respect, forgiveness, professionalism, attitude and the honoring of family and friends.
- Create a continuous learning environment by applying the core values highlighted and the recognition of the value of personal and professional development.
- No Excuse! Igniting Sales Performance & Professionalism - Tailored to the specific needs and high-achievement goals of sales professionals, this highly effective program teaches participants to:
- Incorporate a clear sales vision and a set of core values to enhance overall sales performance.
- Demonstrate the interdependency of these core values including, accountability, integrity, personal honesty, attitude, professionalism, customer service and effective communication.
- Develop effective communication skills by assessing client social styles & needs; and gaining the versatility to adapt the selling process to those client needs.
- Gain a clear understanding of the importance of the work-life balance, and to align the enjoyment of one's profession with the enjoyment of one's personal life.
- Reflect on pertinent personal and professional questions, such as, "What does it mean to be a sales professional?", "Why do clients buy from you?", "What do you want to be remembered for?" and "How to you motivate the client to buy?"; to provide a greater sense of purpose and value in the selling process.
- Implement an effective integrity selling process to enhance overall credibility, respect and client appreciation.
- Execute a "No Excuse!" attitude in overcoming objections, and delivering effective selling presentations. This provides added value to the client, and enhances the ability to efficiently close the sale, and attain the set goals and objectives previously established.
- No Excuse! An Ethical Approach Toward Public Service - In this one-of-a-kind professional development and leadership program, dedicated to the unique needs of public service professionals, participants learn to:
- Establish and implement a foundation of core values that appropriately reflects the nature of the public service entity and it's leaders, and formulate a core value based mission and vision for the team.
- Develop and enhance the skills necessary to lead by example, including integrity, accountability, personal honesty, character and professionalism.
- Gain a greater appreciation for a collective team of difference in the work place by incorporating mutual respect, and tolerance for the purpose of establishing an atmosphere of trust, loyalty and increased communication.
- Reflect on questions pertinent to the public service sector such as, "What do you want to be remembered for?", "Why is public service important to you as a leader in your community?", "Why do people follow you and what leadership characteristics do you possess that inspires others to look up to you and respect you?" to enhance the quality of their public contributions and efforts.
- Understand the role and interdependency of principles such as forgiveness, self-respect, attitude, and duty.
- Walk away with a greater degree of purpose, focus, and motivation to serve the public and be an inspiration to those they serve.